Community Law Wellington and Hutt Valley provides many different ways for you to access free legal advice.
General Free Legal Advice
You can come in to one of our offices, at specific times during the day and evening, and have a face-to face interview with a generalist lawyer – that is a lawyer who has a broad range if knowledge and experience in different areas of the law. Find out more here.
Specialist Free Legal Advice
You can come in to one of our offices, at specific times during the day and evening, and have a face-to face interview with a specialist lawyer – that is a lawyer who is very experienced in a particular field (such as employment or criminal law), or a lawyer you may feel more comfortable with (for example, a Māori lawyer or a woman lawyer). Find out more here.
Outreach Free Legal Advice
We come out to many different suburbs to provide legal advice close to your home. We also provide a monthly mental health outreach service. And we provide a legal outreach service to Rimutaka prison. Find out more here.
Please note, we do not provide legal advice about:
- Conveyancing or property leasing (except residential tenancies)
- Business ventures and commercial transactions
- Administration of estates
- Preparation and execution of wills
- We cannot draft or witness property relationship agreements
- We can’t witness powers of attorney or enduring powers of attorney