Loss of files at Wellington Community Law Office
The Wellington Community Law Office was broken into on 21 November 2023, and some client documents were stolen. The documents were in a locked safe.
The documents that were stolen are original documents left with us by immigration and refugee clients.
If you have:
- come to us before for refugee or immigration advice, and
- left original documents with us,
then you should hear from us soon with more information about your documents. If you don’t hear from us, or you have any concerns about your documents, please call us on 04 499 2928 or email email@example.com.
No other client documents were taken, but they were accessible to the intruders during the break-in. There’s no sign that the intruders were interested in our clients’ information. It looks like they wanted cash and other valuables, which we don’t keep in our office because we don’t have any.
We are taking steps to try to recover the stolen documents. We are talking to Police and to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner about the break-in.
If you know anything about the break-in, please contact us on 04 499 2928 or Police on 105.
The safe does not contain anything valuable. If it is returned to us with the client documents inside, we will not press charges.
We take our clients’ privacy very seriously. Our client files are not accessible to the public and our offices are always locked after hours. Since the break-in, we have improved our security measures further to make sure our clients’ files are safe.
If you have any concerns or questions about your files, please get in touch.
If you wish to make a complaint about your file:
- You can make a complaint directly to us, by calling 04 499 2928 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow our complaints process to resolve your complaint. We can provide you with a copy of our complaints process if you would like.
- You can make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, on their website at https://www.privacy.org.nz/, or by calling 0800 803 909 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm), or by emailing email@example.com. We have already notified the Privacy Commissioner of this theft.
- You can make a complaint to the Law Society by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 0800 261 801, or by post at:
Lawyers Complaints Service
PO Box 5041
For more information on lodging a concern with the Law Society, see:
For more information on making a formal complaint to the Law Society, see: