We have launched a specialist housing advice and advocacy service for people in Te Awakairangi, Lower Hutt. You can drop-in and speak to a lawyer on Thursdays between 12-2pm.
We are now offering an 0800 call-back advice line for community members in Lower Hutt with housing-related legal issues. Call us confidentially on the Housing call-back legal advice line: 0800-119-749
Our specialist rōia (lawyers) can help with legal problems related to housing. The service is aimed at supporting whānau to prevent homelessness. It provides free legal advice on matters such as:
- Rent increases
- Tenancy damage/repairs, applications to the Tenancy Tribunal
- Disputes with landlords and Kāinga Ora
- MSD social and emergency housing and applications
- New legal changes due to Covid 19.
This service does not provide advice to landlords or property managers and does not extend to advice around buying property or commercial leases.
Our specialist Housing advice session is held every week at the following time:
- Thursday 12pm – 2pm in our Lower Hutt | Te Awa Kairangi Office, Level 2, 59 Queens Drive, Lower Hutt
Please also check our outreach clinic timetable for services in your suburb.
Our Housing call-back advice line:
- Call the number below to leave a message and an advocate will ring you back as soon as possible.
- Call 0800 119 749