Community group support, pro bono coordination and client services
30 hours per week
Community Law Wellington and Hutt Valley is a registered charity providing free legal help for individuals and for community groups. We also provide restorative justice services.
As our kaiārahi you’ll coordinate our services to community group clients, maintain relationships with the law firms that provide pro-bono legal help; you’ll provide assistance to our legal team to make sure we give the most help to the most in need; you’ll coordinate the free legal outreach clinics we run in the community, and to do these things you’ll be building relationships between people and organisations from all walks of life.
To demonstrate that you’re right for this role, you’ll need to show us that you:
– Wholeheartedly believes in improving access to justice and using the law to empower disadvantaged members of our community
– Feel equally able to build relationships with people from small community groups and big-time law firms.
– Have a commitment to Community Law’s philosophy and values
– Are resilient under pressure, have strong planning and problem solving skills, can be creative and daring in your approach to community development.
– Have a strong awareness of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga and a great understanding of, and the ability to apply, te Tiriti o Waitangi – both within your workplace and in the wider community.
How to Apply
If you want to join the Community Law whānau, please do apply with a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 17 January.