This booklet is a must-have resource for those involved in local community centres, sports clubs or other community venues. Updated in 2016 “Managing a Community Venue” provides information on a variety of topics within which community organisations must operate. Although it has been written for Wellington’s community centres, it contains useful and practical information for community organisations throughout New Zealand.
- Treaty of Waitangi principles and their implementation
- Health and Safety law
- Legal structures (incorporated, unincorporated and charitable trusts)
- Governance and good practice obligations
- Advice on how to deal with the media
- Useful technological platforms (electronic databases and social media)
- Appendices containing a number of helpful documents and templates