Problems at School is the brand new, updated version of Schools and the Right to Discipline, our established source of practical and reliable information about legal issues in New Zealand’s schools.
The book provides students, parents and advocates with knowledge about their options when facing any problems they might have at school, such as suspensions, stand-downs, truancy, bullying, fees and special education needs.
The latest edition features completely updated information, and new sections on many issues such as:
- School zones and enrolment schemes
- School searches and confiscating items
- The New Zealand Curriculum, including information about sexuality education, religious education, and te reo Māori in schools
- Issues facing transgender students
- Health and safety issues, including administering and storing medication, food allergies, and education outside the classroom
- Order online here
Free for students and parents
$10 + GST for non-profits and community groups
$30 + GST for government and commercial agencies