Community Advocacy Training (CATs)
Community Law holds regular workshops on essential kaupapa for community workers, arming you with the legal knowledge you need to advocate for your clients effectively. These workshops blend the legal basics with their practical application, offering the expertise of guest speakers working in the sector.
There is typically a cost of $20-$40 per person, if this cost is a barrier for your organisation please get in touch to discuss. If you have any questions, email Te Irirangi at Education@wclc.org.nz
We offer a range of workshops and training for individuals and organisations. Some of the legal education services we offer include:
- Tailored workshops: We can tailor workshops to your community group; on Māori land, domestic violence, employment law, and many other legal topics.
- Education in Te Reo Māori: Our Pou Whirinaki team can deliver education in te reo Māori at your local marae, kura kaupapa, alternative education centre, or other wāhi Māori. Pou Whirinaki can also deliver in English if that best meets your needs.
- Governance and Te Tiriti o Waitangi: We run education targeted at governance and managers of community groups, such as training in Te Tīriti o Waitangi, and understanding charity law.
- In your suburb: We regularly arrange talks at local outreach clinic locations. Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see if there are any upcoming talks in your area.
- Legal education for young people: here at CLWHV we have developed the REP (Rights Education Project) in collaboration with rangatahi. This can be delivered to your youth group, school, hall of residence, etc by our trained educators for absolutely free.