We are currently advertising for our summer internship programme. Summer internships are available for people studying law in Aotearoa New Zealand. We ask that applicants have completed their level 200 compulsory papers.
What you need to know:
- Internships are unpaid.
- They are part time, you can negotiate your internship (hours and days) around any other commitments you might have.
- Internships are available from November 2018 to February 2019. The office is closed over the Christmas period (December 21st – January 14th 2019).
- General Services Intern (Pōneke/Wellington). This will have a focus on non-legal education and office support, with the chance to assist on our free legal help drop in sessions.
- Refugee Immigration Legal Advice Services (RILAS) Intern (Pōneke/Wellington or Te Awa Kairangi / Hutt Valley). This will be more legal research in nature.
- Publications Intern (Pōneke/Wellington). ***This internship is also available for people who not currently studying law. You could be studying something else or just be interested in publications as a career.
How to apply:
Please email Naomi at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A CV and cover letter (including what internship you are applying for).
- A brief written piece on one of our values and how you would achieve it practically. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga: care, generosity, hospitality, giving and not expecting anything in return. Outcome: clients feel looked after and re-assured.
- Rangatiratanga: Independence, self-determination, and ownership. Outcome: empowered staff, volunteers, and clients with the skills to meet their needs.
- Kotahitanga: Unity, solidarity, and collective action. Outcome: Treaty justice, diverse voices are heard.
Applications close Monday 24 September 2018.
We occasionally accept internships from people outside of New Zealand. This happens on an ad hoc basis. The process is, when people apply we check with staff to see if they are able to take on an intern. If staff are available to supervise we would then look to interview the candidate.
If you wish to apply for an internship please email Naomi at email@example.com . Your application needs to include:
- Your CV
- A written reference
- A short written piece on the importance of the Treaty of Waitangi in Aotearoa, New Zealand.