Pou Whirinaki, our Services to Māori team, is a regional community legal service for Māori, by Māori. We see legal needs as affecting the social, spiritual, and cultural wellbeing of our communities, whānau, hapū, and iwi, and so we strive to provide solutions to problems that embody tikanga Māori values and practises.
We can help you with a range of kaupapa, including:
- Māori land
- Care of children & Oranga Tamariki
- Separation and divorce
- Family Court
- The NZ Police and the Courts
- Community education in te reo Māori & te reo Pākehā
Call or text the Pou Whirinaki team on 027 954 8336 (we can call you back). Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-in sessions – no appointment necessary
- Community Law Wellington, Level 8, 203 Willis st – Every Thursday, 5.30pm – 7pm
- Taita Library (Walter Nash Centre) – Every Tuesday, 11am – 12pm
- Strathmore Park Community Base – 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11am
- Raukawa Community Centre – 4th Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11am
- Koraunui Stokes Valley Community Hub – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 2pm – 3pm.
- Wainuiomata – Every Wednesday, 11am – 12pm
Clinics by appointment
- Porirua Whānau Centre, Cannon’s Creek – 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, 11am – 1pm. Call or email first to book: email@example.com | 04 237 7749
- Kōkiri Marae – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 11am – 1pm. Call or email first to book: firstname.lastname@example.org | 04 939 4630 | Contact details
- Ōrongomai Marae – Every Tuesday, 1.30pm – 2.30pm. Please contact on 0279548336 or email@example.com by 11:00am the Monday before (at the latest).
To view the full outreach clinic schedule, please click here.