Pou Whirinaki is our Services to Māori team that provides legal information, while also considering tikanga-based solutions. Our Services to Māori team includes Māori lawyers, Kaihāpai Hapori (community advocates and educators) Kaitūao Māori (Māori law student volunteers) and passionate non-Māori kaimahi. We offer several outreach legal advice sessions, in Wellington, Hutt Valley and Porirua. They are are completely free, confidential, and whānau-friendly.
We can help you with initial legal information on a range of issues including:
- Māori land
- Care of children
- Divorce and separation
- Education on various topics
Call or text the Pou Whirinaki team on 027 954 8336 (we can call you back). Email us on email@example.com
Drop-in sessions – no appointment necessary
- Community Law Wellington, Level 8, 203 Willis st – Every Thursday, 5.30pm – 7pm
- Taita Library (Walter Nash Centre) – Every Tuesday, 11am – 12pm
- Strathmore Park Community Base – 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11am
- Raukawa Community Centre – 4th Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11am
- Koraunui Stokes Valley Community Hub – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 2pm – 3pm.
- Wainuiomata – Every Wednesday, 11am – 12pm
Clinics by appointment
- Porirua Whānau Centre, Cannon’s Creek – 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, 11am – 1pm. Call or email first to book: firstname.lastname@example.org | 04 237 7749
- Kōkiri Marae – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 11am – 1pm. Call or email first to book: email@example.com | 04 939 4630 | Contact details
- Ōrongomai Marae – Every Tuesday, 1.30pm – 2.30pm. Please contact on 0279548336 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00am the Monday before (at the latest).
To view the full outreach clinic schedule, please click here.