Kia hiwa rā: Pou Whirinaki is always interested in hearing from anyone passionate about te Ao Māori and looking for legal or community work. Te reo Māori skills are especially valued for our education programme and outreaches. Get in touch with Ella at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire!
Pou Whirinaki, our Services to Māori team, is a regional community legal service for Māori, by Māori. We see legal needs as affecting the social, spiritual, and cultural wellbeing of our communities, whānau, hapū, and iwi, and so we strive to provide solutions to problems that embody tikanga Māori values and practises.
We can help you with a range of kaupapa, including:
- Māori land
- Care of children & Oranga Tamariki
- Separation and divorce
- Family Court
- The NZ Police and the Courts
- Community education in te reo Māori & te reo Pākehā
Call or text the Pou Whirinaki team on 027 954 8336 (we can call you back). Email us on email@example.com
Drop-in sessions – no appointment necessary
- Community Law Wellington, Level 2, 15 Dixon St – Every Thursday, 5.30pm – 7pm
- Wainuiomata Community Centre – Every Wednesday, 11am – 12pm
Clinics by appointment
- Porirua Whānau Centre, Cannon’s Creek – 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, 2 – 3pm. Call or email first to book: firstname.lastname@example.org | 04 237 7749
- Kōkiri Marae – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 2 – 3pm. Call or email first to book: email@example.com | 04 939 4630 | Contact details
- Ōrongomai Marae – Every Tuesday, 1.30pm – 3pm. Please contact on 0279548336 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00am the Monday before (at the latest)
- Waiwhetū Marae – 10am – 12pm, first Tuesday of every month. Contact the marae on 027 459 6870 to book.
To view the full outreach clinic schedule, please click here.