Kia hiwa rā: Pou Whirinaki is always interested in hearing from anyone passionate about te Ao Māori and looking for legal or community work. Te reo Māori skills are especially valued for our education programme and outreaches. Get in touch with our Operations Kaihautu at email@example.com to enquire!
Pou Whirinaki, our Services to Māori team, is a regional community legal service for Māori, by Māori. We see legal needs as affecting the social, spiritual, and cultural wellbeing of our communities, whānau, hapū, and iwi, and so we strive to provide solutions to problems that embody tikanga Māori values and practises.
We can help you with a range of kaupapa, including:
- Māori land
- Care of children & Oranga Tamariki
- Separation and divorce
- Family Court
- The NZ Police and the Courts
- Community education in te reo Māori & te reo Pākehā
Call our friendly reception staff on (04) 499 2928 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-in sessions – no appointment necessary
- Community Law Wellington, Level 2, 15 Dixon St – Every Thursday, 5.30pm – 7pm.
- Wainuiomata Community Centre – Every Wednesday, 11am – 12pm.
Clinics by appointment
- Kōkiri Marae – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 2 – 3pm. Call or email first to book: email@example.com | 04 939 4630 | Contact details
- Ōrongomai Marae – 1.30pm – 3pm, every Tuesday. Please contact Orongomai on 04 528 9409 by 11:00am the Monday before (at the latest)
- Porirua Whānau Centre, Cannon’s Creek – 4th Thursday of every month, 2 – 3pm. Call ahead to book on 04 237 7749
To view the full outreach clinic schedule, please click here.