Something went wrong with the form you were trying to submit. Please try again or call our reception on 04 499 2928.
We provide initial legal advice only at our drop-in sessions and community outreach clinics.
If you require ongoing legal assistance with your legal issue we will help you find an appropriate lawyer. We sometimes provide free ongoing assistance to people on a case-by-case basis, depending on their needs and our capacity.
It is best to attend a specialised drop-in session that matches your legal issue, but we will do our best to advise you at any session you choose to attend.
We have interpreting services available as necessary, and welcome you to bring support people.
Our offices are wheelchair accessible and child-friendly.
Māori clients are able to directly access Pou Whirinaki — our services to Māori team — at 0279548336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal issues we can help with
- Tenancy (including Kāinga Ora)
- Family disputes
- Domestic violence
- Criminal matters / the Police
- Consumer rights
- Debt disputes
- Civil proceedings / the Disputes Tribunal
- Benefits / Work and Income
- Problems at school
Things we can’t do
- We don’t advise landlords about tenancy issues.
- We don’t advise employers about employment issues.
- We don’t advise businesses.
- We don’t advise people in dispute with community groups.
- We don’t prepare or witness wills, enduring powers of attorney, or relationship property agreements.
- We don’t advise about land or property transactions.